Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Taiwan to Burma

This will be short and sweet as we are in the airport heading for our next spot... BURMA... where there will be apparently NO internet options. So I'm trying to get this out before we board.
Our second day in Taiwan was spent going to Takoro Park to hike the Takora Gorge. It was still rainy ... but amazing scenery. We would literally turn
a corner in this remote area and come upon a temple or monastery high in the hills.


And the funniest scavenge of the day... eating Bar-B-Q snake at a night market. Angel is really digging in as the meat is so tough that you have to literally gnaw the meat off the bone.



We are heading now to BURMA.... Yes, one of my bucket list countries. Since no-one has really been allowed to go there in the past few decades we are the blind leading the blind. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Derek Maingot said...

I hope you enjoy Burma... you might be reading this after you've left. Rangoon is impressive and I hope you get up to the Inle Lake and to Bagan. I was impressed. If ANY of your challenges involve a hot air balloon DO IT!

What is also cute is the "makeup" that all the ladies were against the sun. Try some on. VERY cooling! :-)

Jordan said...

Hey mom! Hope your having fun! Love you,
Jordan

P.S. This coming thursday dads not going to be here so I think I am going to stay at your house.

 

blog stats
catalog outlet store